Latest Technology News from SemTech
Ten Things to Consider When Comparing IT Companies in Orlando
IT Companies in Orlando: Why Semtech IT Solutions Is One Of The Top Tech Firms
We hear from Orlando business professionals all the time with questions about how to better manage and optimize IT resources. More and more professionals are looking to outsource the management of their company IT to a professional provider. However, many professionals aren’t sure where to start their search for professional IT services. Fear not – we’re on a mission to help business leaders take and informed and strategic approach to finding reliable IT companies in Orlando.
Looking for IT Support in Orlando? Here’s What to Consider
Finding the right IT support can be a real game-changer for businesses of all shapes and sizes. When your internal team no longer has to worry about pesky tech issues, your business will run more smoothly and work will get done more efficiently. But knowing what to look for when it comes to managed IT services sometimes leaves business leaders scratching their heads.
The truth is, finding the right IT support doesn’t have to be mission impossible. All you have to do is go into your search with as much information as possible. Specifically, there are certain things you should consider when comparing different IT companies. We’ve put together a list of the top considerations you should make before investing in an IT provider.
Here’s the top 10 things to consider when searching through Orlando IT companies:
Let’s face it – in today’s competitive and cost-focused business environment, price is everything. When it comes to managed IT services, understanding what you’re paying for and how the pricing is determined is critical. IT companies use a variety of pricing models and knowing the kind of model you’ll be billed on is a great way to determine what the investment will cost you.
When searching for an IT provider, ask yourself (and the managed service company) the following questions:
- Do they charge for services using a fixed monthly rate?
- Do they charge hourly for onsite support?
- What is the minimum cost for onsite and remote support?
- Do they charge call out fees or other isolated fees?
- What time increments do they use for billing – 15, 30, or 60 minutes?
IT providers usually offer a wide range of managed IT services and supports. However, most providers have specific areas of focus or specializations. These specializations are usually the things that an IT provider is best at. Before you invest in an Orlando IT company, be sure to do some research on their areas of expertise and try to find a company whose specialization meets your IT needs.
When researching different IT providers in Orlando, ask yourself the following questions about each provider you consider:
- Does the provider focus on large-scale enterprises, small-to-medium sized businesses, or both?
- What is the provider’s area of expertise? What are they best at?
- Does the provider specialize in Mac or Windows hardware and software? Or do they cater to both?
- What other services does the provider offer in addition to their specialized services?
The fact of the matter is, the best endorsement for an IT provider is the testimonials offered by their current or past customers. So, when you’re looking for managed IT services in Orlando, be sure to ask them for testimonials and speak directly to clients they’ve worked with if possible.
Here’s the top things to ask when talking to a provider’s previous or current clients:
- Is the provider easy to contact for support when needed?
- Does the provider offer prompt and professional service?
- What’s the provider’s average response time?
- Does the provider have a good track record with clients?
- Does the provider resolve issues efficiently?
- Does the provider readily offer referral sources?
- Support Style
When your systems are down, your business productivity grinds to a halt. That’s why you need to ensure you develop an idea of how each provider will respond when you’re facing technical trouble. When it comes to IT support, not all IT providers are created equal. Make sure you understand a provider’s approach to IT support before making an investment.
Here’s some questions to ask when trying to examine a provider’s approach to IT support:
- What kind of communication and assistance methods do they offer?
- Do they offer remote support, onsite support, phone support, email support, or a combination of all four?
- Can you speak to someone directly about tech issues or do you have to log a ticket first?
- Do they offer after-hours or 24/7 support?
- How quickly can they be at your location for onsite support?
Next, be sure to also develop an idea of what makes each provider unique. Basically, what is it about an IT provider that set’s their approach to customer service apart from the rest? By getting to know the little things that make a provider special, you’ll know which provider’s approach to service is the best fit for your business.
Here’s some things to consider:
- What extra incentives do they provide their customers?
- Do they keep all client information and passwords safe? Can they get you back in when you’ve been locked out?
- Do they purchase products in your business’ name so you have full control over the applications?
- Are they committed to strategic long-term IT planning for your business?
Make sure the different Orlando IT providers that you consider have a good reputation. Not just in terms of customer service, but also in terms of technical expertise. Nothing beats the peace of mind that comes with an IT provider who has reputable experience.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Where did you hear about this IT provider? Is it a reputable source?
- Is the provider certified?
- Is the provider committed to continual education and training for team members?
- Does the provider have experience working with large vendors like Cisco, Microsoft, or Apple?
- Does the provider have partnerships with tech companies like Google, Xero, or Vend?
Approach to Contracts
Before you sign anything, make sure you have a clear idea of how each provider approaches their service agreements. It’s important to know what you’re committed to when you sign an IT service contract. Every IT company has a unique approach to service contracts, so make sure to do your research on this before you sign on the dotted line.
Here’s some questions to consider about service contracts:
- What is the contract period?
- What services and commitments are covered by the contract?
- Are there hidden fees or extra charges listed in the fine print?
- Will they provide you with login information if you decide to switch providers or is there an additional fee for this?
- Are all your services bundled together? Or are they itemized separately on the contract?
- How difficult would it be for you to change providers if you wanted to?
Communication & Record Keeping
When it comes to efficient and effective IT support, what’s more important than strong lines of communication and detailed record keeping? By keeping lines of communication open and making sure that IT services are documented efficiently, you’ll eliminate guesswork and ensure that your IT service and support are as streamlined as possible.
Here’s some things to consider when it comes to communication and record keeping:
- Will the provider keep you in the loop about all IT issues and solutions?
- Will the provider assign a specific point-of-contact for your business?
- Does the provider keep a record of service requests and actions performed?
- Does the provider have best practices in place for documentation and reporting?
Business Liability Insurance
Unfortunately, your business always needs to be prepared for the worst-case scenario. What’s worse than spending a bunch of capital on new IT equipment only to see it broken or damaged by the IT provider you’ve outsourced too. It’s very important to consider whether or not the provider you invest in is covered by liability insurance.
Here’s a few questions to ask:
- Is the provider covered by business liability insurance?
- Will they take responsibility if and when the worst-case scenario occurs?
- Do they have a plan for streamlining insurance claims should they need to?
- Are they a registered ABN and ACN business?
Finally, you want to make sure you understand the key customer service cornerstones that each provider prioritizes. It’s incredibly important to know the people you’re dealing with – both in terms of expertise and service. It’s only when you know who your provider is that you can rest assured you’ll get the service and support you deserve.
Here’s some final questions to consider:
- IS the provider’s staff skilled enough to be responsible for your company data and network?
- Do they tailor technical solutions to suit your business needs or do they offer cookie-cutter solutions?
- Do they speak to you in a language you can understand?
- Are the located remotely or locally?
- Do they go above-and-beyond to meet your needs and provide strategic support?
Finding the Right IT Company in Orlando: Final Tips & Tricks
Now that we’ve created a detailed guide that includes everything you should consider when searching for IT support, the only thing left to do is find the right provider. We’ve listed some final tips and tricks below to help guide your search.
Here’s some final tips and tricks for finding the right IT provider in Orlando:
- Take a business IT inventory – Understand what kind of IT services you need and take note of areas that could use significant improvement.
- Do your research – Learn everything you can about different providers, including their approach to service, support, pricing, and more.
- Get face-to-face with providers – The best way to determine if a provider is the right fit is to sit down for a face-to-face meeting.
- Go with your gut – At the end of the day, you’ll know which provider is the best fit for your business; follow your instincts.
If you’re already on the hunt for a strategic and reliable IT provider in Orlando, may we suggest reaching out to the team of tech specialists at SemTech IT Solutions? Our team is committed to working with organizations of all kinds to provide enterprise-grade IT solutions and support. We believe in customizing our services to meet the unique IT needs of every client we work with.
Don’t settle for anything less than an Orlando IT provider who listens to your needs and develops strategic solutions for your tech challenges. Let SemTech IT Solutions help! Reach our team of IT professionals anytime at (407) 329-5126.