Is Your Architecture And Engineering Firm Looking For Superior IT Services?
SemTech IT Solutions provides superior IT services and IT support for engineering and architectural firms throughout Orlando.
Architecture And Engineering IT Services
Every job calls for a certain skilled worker. When the job calls for an architect, or other calls for an engineer, only an architect or an engineer will do. Not a sculptor, or a concept artist. While the layman might think there’s an overlap from one to the other, the fact is that you can’t generalize in this type of work.
Shouldn’t the same logic apply to the IT support you choose for your architecture or engineering firm?
In today’s industry, knowledgeable, strategically applied technology and fully managed support can make all the difference – do you have the right IT company looking after your firm?
Three Signs You’re Working With The Wrong IT Company
There are three primary challenges that arise from a lack of effective IT support:
- It’s Difficult To Budget Support: As in any business relationship, a key downside to look out for is the possibility of hidden fees. If you’re getting nickel and dimed month after month, then it’s time to move on.
- You’re Doing The Work: Think about the last time you or an employee called up your IT company – what was the conversation like? Did they provide support via a remote access tool? Did they come to visit on-site and fix the problem for you? Or did they just lead you through a list of steps to try to get a fix? Sometimes when it’s a simple fix and you need it quick, having the person on the other end of the phone line tell you what to unplug and what to click can be an effective way to go about it. But if it’s like this every time, then that’s another story. You need an IT company that actively manages the support process – not one that tells you what to do.
- Your IT Company Isn’t Available: When they’re trying to get you to sign, an IT company may say anything and everything you want to hear. Furthermore, they will likely be very easy to get a hold of. But what about after you’ve signed? How can you know for sure that they will answer the phone when you need them? That’s why it’s smart to track response times, Help Desk models, and other support guarantees. If you’re not getting the response you need, then it’s time to move on.
How Can Expert IT Services Help You Improve Your Firm?
Adopt Cutting Edge Technology
VR and artificial intelligence aren’t sci-fi anymore. These technologies are real, and have powerful applications in the workplace. VR allows architecture firms to present designs to their clients in an immersive setting, giving them a much more engaging experience, far superior to a draft or even a 3-D model on a computer screen. Artificial Intelligence is a technology that allows computers to correctly make decisions that would otherwise be left up to users. The two primary popular forms this has taken in the consumer and business worlds to date include:
- Machine-learning, which exponentially improves the frequency with which it makes correct decisions by accumulating data and repeating processes (i.e., it “learns” by rote)
- Speech-based technology that can understand spoken word in multiple languages, allowing it to execute tasks by verbal input (e.g. Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant)
Artificial Intelligence matters to any industry in which the technology can be introduced and applied: automation. When it comes to basic tasks that fall relatively simply into an algorithm (that is, perform a set action when given a specific input, or, “if a then b, if b then c” etc.), machine-learning allows an Artificial Intelligence to eventually perform those tasks as accurately as a human counterpart would, if not more accurately.
Implement Mobile Device Management and Bring Your Own Device policies that allow employees to use their own devices in combination with the firms’ – be sure to equally prioritize the convenience of access with security.
And don’t limit yourself to desktops, laptops, and phones – there’s more out there for you to take advantage of. Have you considered what the Internet of Things and wearable devices can do for workplace efficiency? Now’s the time to get on board – up to 20.4 billion IoT devices will be online by the end of the year.
Use Data To Your Advantage
With the right information, each choice you make can have attainable and expected positive results for your business; without that information, you may as well be gambling with the future of your firm.
Business intelligence is the collection and analysis of data collected such as department productivity, overall growth, sales trends, and customer behavior. Applications of this data can range from something as simple as Spreadsheets for the organization, and storage of data to Online Analytical Processing or Reporting and Querying software. Each has a specific use and offers various benefits to your small business.
Reporting and querying software extracts, sorts, summarizes, and presents selected data. This data could range from sale reports of specific items to a measurement of the efficiency of marketing plans.
SemTech: IT Services For Engineering & Architectural Firms In Orlando
These are just a few of the potential benefits of superior IT support. However, if your current IT company can’t deliver what your firm needs to thrive, then you need to find a company that will – a company like SemTech IT Solutions.
In the end, modernizing your firm doesn’t have to be a massive restructuring of the way you do business. Step by step you can affect these changes, either by talking to your staff about mobile device use for work or consulting with SemTech IT Solutions about how to harness newer technologies.
Searching For A Reliable & Professional IT Services Company For Your Organization In Orlando & Central Florida
SemTech IT can help. Fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in contact with you.